Why does my S4 screen continue to turn on after I have turned it off.
    12-04-2014 09:06 AM
    Turn on how? You press the power button the screen turns on you press the power button and the screen turns off, and a moment later, a minute later, much later, it turns back on? Is it in your pocket that you notice it turning on, or just sitting on a table. Will this just happen once or repeatedly turning itself on and off with no interaction?

I had a device that had an extremely sensitive power button and with the device in my pocket it would get hit accidentally and turn on whenever I put my hand in my pocket. I ended up having to place it in my pocket power button down to prevent accidental hits. A case might also help if it is accidental strikes. I suppose it could also be a notification turning it on, without knowing when or the circumstances behind your issue.
    12-04-2014 09:17 AM
    When I put the phone down face up the screen comes on even during the night so I have to turn it off.
    I have just wiped the Cache because I had no Audio sound do you think I have altered some settings ?
    It is not long that my phone was returned by Samsung because when I was charging the phone was getting very hot and aftef seeing the report on Watchdog regarding the Samsung S4 I was very concerned.
    Any help you could give will be thankfully received and faithfully applied.
    Thanks.

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-04-2014 12:28 PM
    So it comes on randomly just anytime? Has it been happening the whole time since you got it back? Even if it hasn't I would say send it back to them, because I don't believe this is going to be an issue that clearing caches or resetting the device would fix. Well maybe a factory reset, but I'm guessing they reset it before returning it to you. Correct? What it sounds like is what happens when you plug the phone in to charge. The screen will wake up when plugged in, but if it happens even when not charging that would count out a shorted cord, or bad port connection. Since you were already having issues due to charging and this is a behavior that can be associated with the charging process I don't think I'd be going too far out on a limb to say they are related. Perhaps someone else will comment with another suggestion but I can't think of anything else.
    12-05-2014 02:07 PM