No mobile data after latest Samsung software update

ayshagomaa

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

I updated my phone software to the latest Samsung version. I have Samsung galaxy S4 and with vodafone. Since doing this, I have been unable to connect to mobile data. My APN appears to be missing and when I click the + sign to add a new APN the message "unfortunately settings has stopped" pops up and I cannot get to the screen to put in the details.

Vodafone told me that this is a common problem, but has anyone else experienced this and know how to fix it please?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Did Vodaphone tell you how to fix it, or offer to fix it for you? If it's an update they pushed, and it's causing this problem that they're aware of, they really ought to take responsibility for it.

ayshagomaa

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
Vodafone were the ones to give me the APN details but there's a problem with the phone that isn't letting me add them.
This was an android software update (think 4.4.2) so nothing to do with Vodafone directly. They have raised the issue with the engineers and are not sure when it will be sorted out.
I've read other people have the same thing so wondered if anyone had found a solution.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If you got the phone from Vodaphone, though, the system updates get pushed by them, because they have to modify the updates as well.

Androidingythingy

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
I had been having this no data issue after the recent update too, also with the APN error (although that error only occured after I reset the APN to default - probably shouldn't have clicked that...)

It took a day of trying everything I could think of until eventually I gave up and did a factory reset. The factory reset is the only thing that worked, I now have the data that I am paying for again. I know it's the answer nobody wants, but that's what it has come to, remember to backup everything first...(Kies3 works fine for that)

It has essentially rolled back to an October 2014 version of the firmware, but at least I can use my data.