Why is my GS4 charging incredibly slow?

Emb0505

Dec 26, 2014
Visit site
My GS4 charges incredibly slow

I had left my GS4 to charge for about an hour or so at around 5%, when i checked on it, it had completely died. I tried plugging it in again and it said that the phone was not charging. I have tried everything I could on my own to fix this problem. I use a third-party extra long cord, so I went back to the original in-box cable and adapter that it came with, and another third-party adapter and cable. Neither of these charged the phone. After doing some research, I thought maybe the pin in the charging port wasn't making contact so I tried pushing it hoping that was the problem. None of this worked. All background apps were shut off, and airplane mode was on as well. I decided to plug it in for the night and hope for the best. After roughly 11 hours of charging, the phone was at 30%. So technically it is charging, but it isn't saying that it is and it's going very slow. My only guess now is that it could be the battery, but before going all the way to AT&T, I thought maybe someone else could figure out the problem. What should I do?

Also, the only thing that has been different about my phone is that the last day or two every time that I open an app an error pops up and it says "TouchWiz Home has failed"

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: My GS4 charges incredibly slow

Welcome to Android Central! When you first tried the original cable/charger and it didn't seem to charge, how long did you test it for? If the battery was down to zero, it can take a little while on the charger before you can even try to turn it on. Keep using the original cable/charger, and let it charge on a wall outlet for at least 24 hours. Does it get up to 100%? If not, it may be time to try a new battery.