What is the best keyboard to replace Samsung's default keyboard?

Zac_AUS

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
Apps

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knew or could point me to the direction of the answers. I'm new to this and I'm excited about my S4.

- What is the best keyboard to replace Samsung's or should I just keep it? I've heard swiftkey is good although I would prefer to "flick" the words instead of swiping.

- Back up apps. Is there an app that back ups (preferably to Google drive - when connected to wi-fi) call logs, sms, contacts and calenders?

- Podcast app. Is pocket cast the best podcast manager? I don't need fancy features - just something stable - as I will be using it just on the S4.

- I will not be downloading anything other than from Google Play however I will be doing banking on my phone. What is a good security app?

Thank you

* P.S. I don't mind paying for an app

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Apps

I use SwiftKey BUT only because it offers me proper support for Afrikaans

Backup can be done seamlessly to your gmail account. Tap and hold the account in account settings. If you set up the gdrive account you can select the backup options there. Ditto for dropbox etc. If you want to backup data in apps, helium is hard to beat. You will need the premium version to download from the backup servers that you choose.

For me Avast gives me the options that i require (for free) AVG would be my second choice

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site

1) I use google keyboard and I am very happy with it. I am a simple guy.

2)if your phone is rooted, Titanium backup, ofc

3) for podcasts, there is no "BEST" app, look around and whatever is right for your needs, download it.

4) android on its own is a pretty secure OS, however, AVG, ESET mobile A-Vs and maybe a firewall app will not hurt you, if you're willing to pay for them. although even the free versions are not bad.
Hope to have helped you.

oraix

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site

I like the samsung keyboard because I can swipe and I like the number access.

I use Google to back up everything, never had an issue.

Podkicker is the best podcast app I've come across, and I've tried several.

McAfee has good security.