How do I recover missing folders in my Gallery App?

polkadotshorts

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site
Missing folders in Gallery App.

Phone : Galaxy S4, OS : Android 4.4.2

I noticed the pictures in one of the folders I created in the Gallery app could no longer be viewed, and all photos turned into the grey man thumbnail.

Upon restarting the phone, the entire folder together with the photos are all gone.

Tried restarting the phone multiple times but with no avail.

Other phones are not affected except this particular folder, which was created, and few photos were moved (moved, not copy) from the Camera folder. Photos are saved in the phone's memory. No SD card.

By going through the files directory, all the concerned photos and the folder is missing as well.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: Missing folders in Gallery App.

Phone : Galaxy S4, OS : Android 4.4.2

I noticed the pictures in one of the folders I created in the Gallery app could no longer be viewed, and all photos turned into the grey man thumbnail.

Upon restarting the phone, the entire folder together with the photos are all gone.

Tried restarting the phone multiple times but with no avail.

Other phones are not affected except this particular folder, which was created, and few photos were moved (moved, not copy) from the Camera folder. Photos are saved in the phone's memory. No SD card.

By going through the files directory, all the concerned photos and the folder is missing as well.
It seems like the photos were either deleted (accidentally), or corrupt in some way and have since been deleted. You can try connecting the device to a computer and see if the photos are visible while connected to the PC. If not, then it's likely not possible to recover the photos, and hard to explain what exactly happened.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX