On my Android S4, why do I have a gray box appearing over a couple of photo's?

YYCCowboy

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
Android S4 - Grey Box appearing over a couple of photo's

Hello All,

Longtime lurker, and now majorly stumped on an issue! :(

I was taking pictures yesterday of our special needs daughter, and pictures appeared fine.. Went to upload to Facebook This morning, and now there's a grey box either over 50% or 80% of the picture or its cutting her off completely (rest of room shows except her type thing). The odd part is on the preview bar along the bottom they appear fine until you open them.
This only appears on 4 of 7 photo's I took yesterday.. All my other photo's from previous days seem to be fine.. Not saving to SD Card, photo's are being saved to device..

Any way to recover these photo's at all, or am I totally hooped.. Also any way to make sure this doesn't happen more?

Thanks a million to all,

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Android S4 - Grey Box appearing over a couple of photo's

Welcome to Android Central! It sure sounds like the photo got corrupted somehow. Did you try connecting your phone to your computer via USB cable, and using the computer browser to drag and drop the photo to the computer's hard drive? See if the computer can read it correctly.

YYCCowboy

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site

Hi B Diddy,

I tried sending the photo to my wife, and it appeared the same way.. Tried emailing it to myself, and can't even open the picture.. Going through some photo's today, and the grey box is appearing over more pictures...

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Uh-oh. Something's getting corrupted. Connect to a computer via USB as soon as you can and try to Copy as many photos as you can to the computer hard drive. Don't use Move, since that will delete the original from the phone once it's moved.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae