I went on my s4 to go to the internet and i had clicked on a website to look at a restaurant menu and it took me to another one. I thought I accidentally hit something so i pressed the back button to go to my page. The next time i opened the Internet this thing popped up saying a site i recently visited inserted a trojan snake virus into my phone and i need to get rid of it immediately. Is it real? I thought you couldn't get viruses on phones?
    01-01-2015 11:12 AM
    I went on my s4 to go to the internet and i had clicked on a website to look at a restaurant menu and it took me to another one. I thought I accidentally hit something so i pressed the back button to go to my page. The next time i opened the Internet this thing popped up saying a site i recently visited inserted a trojan snake virus into my phone and i need to get rid of it immediately. Is it real? I thought you couldn't get viruses on phones?
    You could technically get a Virus on mobile phones. This wasn't so much the case a few years ago, but because of popularity, malware has made its way to mobile devices. My immediate thought is that this was an advertisement trying to bait you into downloading an app, or anti-virus software. However, to be safe, I would suggest a factory reset and format of your SD Card - be sure to backup everything to a computer and sync your accounts.

Let us know if you have any questions.
    Whowhywhattf likes this.
    01-01-2015 10:24 PM
    Thank you ill try that! However if there is a virus on it could it transfer from my phone to my computer? Sorry I'm not good with this stuff.
    01-01-2015 11:19 PM
    I would say it was just a popup. Ive had a few of those. Just some careful use of the back buttons and hitting the right x on the pop-up will get rid of it. Technically you can get viruses but a good antivirus app will take care of things. The amazon app store just gave a away the pro version of avg (worth £10) would be worth your while checking it out

Posted via Android Central App
    01-02-2015 04:18 AM