Under settings>more>storage, the "mount SC card" is greyed out. Also, when I try to move apps to the card, I get a message saying there's no card. I've opened my phone and there is definitely a micro card installed; I've even pulled it and re-installed, thinking to re-seat it. The phone still thinks I don't have one.

What's up?
    01-05-2015 04:25 PM
    Does the card definitely have data on it? Are you sure it's formatted correctly for the phone? Most phones require FAT32, and can't read NTFS.

The card could also be corrupt, or may have failed. SD cards don't last forever, and can die without much warning. Try removing it and inserting it into your computer. Can your computer read it?
    01-05-2015 04:33 PM
    Hey B. Diddy. Thanks for reply. I ended up taking it to the Verizon store. The guy put my card in his phone and it showed no card, and his good card showed up fine in my phone, so it's def the card. It's the Samsung card that came with my phone a year ago, and honestly, I don't know if I've ever used it.

I don't have a card reader (or adapter) to try it in my computer (which doesn't have a card reader itself). I'm going to contact Verizon to see if they'll send me another one. If not, I'll just buy another and go from there. I tried connecting my phone via usb to my computer, but didn't really see a way there to look at sd card contents.
    01-05-2015 06:54 PM
    The card probably went bad. If it was unformatted or using a different format, the phone should recognize that and offer to format it when you insert it.

USB SD card readers that plug into your computer's USB port can be very handy, and are inexpensive, so they're worth considering: Memory Card Readers & Adapters - Best Buy
    amazondrone likes this.
    01-05-2015 07:03 PM
    Hi!
    I have a Samsung S4 and it recently said that I have no storage so I bought a sandisk 32gb memory card but still my device says there is no memory and now my phone can not receive or take message!
    please help what is my next step?
    12-04-2015 06:35 AM
    The sd card is not an extension of the internal memory. Apps and their included data is stored in the phone memory. You can move music, photos, videos and some apps that have a lot of data allow you to store the data on the sd card. It takes a lot of apps to fill up the internal memory unless they are some games that has lots of data it needs access to on the fly. You have to decide which ones are important. It is easy to reinstall an app if you need it occasionally and then delete it after you are through!

A search for SD Card or memory in this forum will find a lot of fixes and solutions other have found!
    12-06-2015 11:57 PM
    Under settings>more>storage, the "mount SC card" is greyed out. Also, when I try to move apps to the card, I get a message saying there's no card. I've opened my phone and there is definitely a micro card installed; I've even pulled it and re-installed, thinking to re-seat it. The phone still thinks I don't have one.

What's up?
    why does my phone say it doesn't have an SD card when I looked and it does
    10-15-2016 07:42 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Review my posts above starting at #2.
    10-16-2016 05:18 AM