I recently got my phone cracked in a very unique way. I was getting in my car and my phone dropped at the perfect time from my pocket to be smashed by my car door.

Now what is odd is the top glass screen is completely fine. No scratches or anything. But the smash must have done something odd because the LCD screen underneath the top screen is shattered at the top, and the screen now no longer lights up (so I can't see anything on the screen now).

All the guides I have seen for fixing a cracked Galaxy S4 are for fixing the glass screen part. Are there any guides for replacing the LCD screen?
    01-10-2015 11:25 AM
    Edit: And a method that costs as little as possible is preferred. I am a college student, so I don't have huge amounts of money to throw at something like this. I am an electrical engineering student, so I have plenty of electrical tools to use. So that won't be a problem.
    01-10-2015 11:33 AM
    Also, the screen does not react to touch (not sure if that was going to be affected or not). I tried having someone call me, and the phone rang and vibrated. However, I was not able to swipe to accept the call as the screen did not register my touch. The lights for the bottom buttons do not light up anymore either, but the notification light up top does.
    01-10-2015 02:06 PM
    I recently got my phone cracked in a very unique way. I was getting in my car and my phone dropped at the perfect time from my pocket to be smashed by my car door.

Now what is odd is the top glass screen is completely fine. No scratches or anything. But the smash must have done something odd because the LCD screen underneath the top screen is shattered at the top, and the screen now no longer lights up (so I can't see anything on the screen now).

All the guides I have seen for fixing a cracked Galaxy S4 are for fixing the glass screen part. Are there any guides for replacing the LCD screen?
    The digitizer is stuffed.

Here is a link to replacement. There are plenty more on Google.

Make sure you buy from a reputable source.
    01-11-2015 12:06 AM