Why is my phone giving me so many message notifications?

Ken-C

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
Message notifications

Hi,
Just bought a S4 (on Vodafone ES network) so totally new to the phone and come across something I can't resolve or find an answer to... any help please:-

When I power on the phone the top bar flashes "150 new messages" and the 'M' icon remains on the bar (I assume this icon is messages?). Also, when the phone is in sleep mode the blue LED flashes randomly, I also assume this relates to message notifications. However, I'm not expecting 150 messages or anywhere like it.

If I swipe across the phone when its in sleep mode the screen says 0 messages. If I look at the 'Messages' app it is showing no messages.

I need to keep the functionality of message notifications, but why is the phone reporting 150 messages and the LED flashing and any ideas how I can resolve it?

Many thanks for any help.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Message notifications

Welcome to Android Central! Is it an M that looks like an envelope? That's Gmail--open your Gmail app and see how many unread emails you have. You can dismiss the notifications by swiping the notification panel down and tapping the Clear button.