Hello all,

Sorry for the Q that's prob been asked many a time however my s4 storage is packed with God knows what and need some advise on how to clear it down.

I only have about 800mb free on a good day which i can't understand as I have a 64gb sd card which all my pics/vids are on, i have a fair few apps but I've moved what i can to the sd card and I've also done the old cache clearing trick. I even deleted an immense amount of texts etc in case that helped but to no avail.

Can anyone tell me if im missing something or tell me of a good free or inexpensive app that acts as a defrag kind of thing that'll get rid of the garbage on my phone please?

Just don't know how there can possibly be over 8gb of taken space that should be free, the other 8gb being taken by the o/s and update stuff!

Any help would be appreciated Thanks!
    01-16-2015 05:52 PM
    I only have about 800mb free on a good day which i can't understand as I have a 64gb sd card
    which has absolutely nothing to do with internal storage.

i have a fair few apps but I've moved what i can to the sd card
    Which leaves a link in internal storage for every piece of the app moved to external storage (and not app parts of an app can be moved).

I even deleted an immense amount of texts etc in case that helped but to no avail.
    A text file with a million characters in it (like the entire IRS regulations, maybe) is only 1MB.

Can anyone tell me if im missing something
    Try Low on Space? Dump logcat.

or tell me of a good free or inexpensive app that acts as a defrag kind of thing that'll get rid of the garbage on my phone please?
    1) Defragging has nothing to do with getting rid of "garbage". 2) No app can know what you consider garbage and I consider essential data. 3) Linux isn't Windows - storage doesn't fragment the way Windows storage does. 4) Fragmentation slows access, it doesn't take up space.

Just don't know how there can possibly be over 8gb of taken space that should be free, the other 8gb being taken by the o/s and update stuff!
    About half a GB is used by the OS for its own uses. The other 7.5GB? Pieces of apps that weren't moved to the SD card. Logcat, if it's large enough. Individual app caches. Each phone is different, there's no "one size fits all". If you can't find what's using the space, someone who understands the Linux file structure has to look at the phone.

(Did you leave lots of apps on the phone that you once installed but haven't used in months and probably never will again? Back them up, copy the backup to a computer AND a cloud account, delete the backup on the phone and uninstall the apps.)

Oh, and restart the phone after all this. Sometimes the storage app in Settings lies after a lot of changes, until you restart.
    01-17-2015 12:05 AM
    Hello all,

Sorry for the Q that's prob been asked many a time however my s4 storage is packed with God knows what and need some advise on how to clear it down.

I only have about 800mb free on a good day which i can't understand as I have a 64gb sd card which all my pics/vids are on, i have a fair few apps but I've moved what i can to the sd card and I've also done the old cache clearing trick. I even deleted an immense amount of texts etc in case that helped but to no avail.

Can anyone tell me if im missing something or tell me of a good free or inexpensive app that acts as a defrag kind of thing that'll get rid of the garbage on my phone please?

Any help would be appreciated Thanks!
    well you got a fair amount of information from RUKBAT but u i can't get any information on ur apps or what u use ur internal storage for and
    u said something about "moving apps to sd" and as u know u can only move apps "not app data".and i hope u checked the details of the files in the storage,as theamount of storage occupied by specific file types.

It would be better if u could eloborate.
    01-17-2015 12:27 AM