Motherboard Issue with Samsung Galaxy S4

yojake

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
Been trying all day to figure out what's wrong with my Galaxy S4 and have narrowed it down to something with the motherboard. I swapped the motherboard out with a friends and the phone booted fine but with my motherboard the phone is completely unresponsive when the power button is pressed.

My question is if I swap the motherboard out, will the phone function normally if it's not a R970 board? Also, is there a way I can remove the memory from mine and put it on the new motherboard and retain some of my data?

Thanks!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
My question is if I swap the motherboard out, will the phone function normally if it's not a R970 board?
Probably not.

Also, is there a way I can remove the memory from mine and put it on the new motherboard and retain some of my data?
Not if you're asking. If you had the equipment you'd need to pull the chips from the old board and replace them on the new board, you wouldn't have had to ask. (You'd have to check them first, though, because if it's the nvRAM that's bad on the old motherboard, there's no data there to retain, so you'd end up having to pull them from the new board and reinstalling the chips that came with it.)

yojake

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
Ok thank you! How do I know what part of the motherboard isn't functioning?

Also, what else would you need other than a soldering gun to perform that?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar