Is there a "Find my Mobile" App?

Steve Swift

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Is there an app that I can install on my Galaxy S4 that will activate the "Find my Mobile" mechanism on my wife's Galaxy S4 mini? I've lost count of the number of times I've had to help find it…

Obviously, I'd have to enter my wife's Samsung account ID/pw but I already know that.

dm3ready

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I think both Lookout app and Android Device Manager can assist. I use Lookout...but have never had to use the "Missing Device" feature.

Steve Swift

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Thanks! I already have the free version of Lookout, I suspect the premium version would allow us to register my wife's phone as well (I've already used up the two devices you get with "Free"). I've asked them if it would work, presumably if both our phones were registered on the same account.

jamaica168

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Re: Is there a "Find my Mobile" App?

Android device manager is from Google and if you have it installed on both phones you can use guest mode on yours to sign in with her google account and find her phone that way. You can also sign in on the Web. Samsung also has their own built in solution if you have a Samsung account. It's in the settings,more,security and is under find my mobile,remote controls.

Steve Swift

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Re: Is there a "Find my Mobile" App?

Thanks for that, jamaica168 !
I didn't get very far with Samsung Account; on my S4 I got as far as "Remote Controls" but that just showed my Account registration (my email ID) and a "Use wireless networks" checkbox (which was checked). I couldn't see where to go from there.
The Android Device Manager seems to be much easier. I got as far as finding the guest login facility. I'll have to wait to try that, until my wife gets up and tells me where her phone is, so I can install the app... I just hope she remembers where it is!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21