baterry drain

Asfase Aren

Jan 30, 2015
Visit site
Hi every1..i was wondering what the normal battery drain when using the internet is..i think my s4 has a problem..it spends about 10-15% in 1 hour when im browsing the internet non stop..is this normal?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
That depends on whether it's the browser that's using that percentage. (BTW, that's percentage of the amount of power being used, not the percentage of the battery capacity - so if the browser is using 10%, and the total charge went down by 10%, the browser used only 1% of the battery capacity.) It can depend on other things - if you're using mobile data (not wifi) and the signal is weak, it's going to use a lot of battery for any data, not just browsing. (A weak signal coming in tells the phone that th tower is far away, so it increases its transmitter power so it can reach the tower. The weaker the signal, the more transmitter power from the phone - until you lose the connection when the signal is too weak in either direction.)

extraclass

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
There are several threads on this site about battery drain! Do a search for "battery" and you will find a lot of information!
If you have a weak signal the battery drain is much faster. Check to see what else is running on your phone. Some apps keep running after you leave them unless you QUIT the app or turn it OFF! Mapping programs do not turn off automatically and use a lot of power.
I can browse at least 1 hour a day, Talk an hour and have battery left after 12-14 hours use. That is just an average day for me!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo