Not being able to install new apps and deleting frees up no memory

Olina

Jan 30, 2015
Visit site
I have no SD card because the phone seems to constantly corrupt them somehow.

Now I can't even take photos even though it says I have 200+ Mb storage free. I cleared cache on a few apps and managed to delete a 150Mb download file. It still says I only have same 200+ Mb storage free.

I tried installing a program that according to play store is 550Kb but it says I have no room left.

What is going on?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The phone itself needs a few hundred MB free - it won't let you store anything once you reach that limit.

Get a SanDisk SD card. If something goes wrong with it, go to SanDisk microSD Tech Support and open a live chat (upper right corner of the page). The cards are guaranteed, and SanDisk does honor their warranty. (Chances are, though, that nothing will go wrong. You have to pay for quality when it comes to SD cards. Cheap cards are cheap for a reason - like being counterfeits that have a lot less storage than they claim to have - once you try to store more than the actual storage [which can be as little as 2GB for a "64GB" card] the card gets corrupted.)

Olina

Jan 30, 2015
Visit site
But does that explain why it doesn't show the free storage when I delete something, still says the same amount of free space.

Also both the SD cards I tried were SanDisk.