Hi I have a Samsung galaxy s4 and so does my wife. This is going to sound creepy and weird! we have been having issues with this person. A x friend of mine. This person knows when we do certain things. If we talk about him in our home he calls like 3 minutes later. He knows were we have been or were we are at. The only thing I can think of is he hacked our phones. My wife did some research on line and found out that he could have bought a program that allows you to turn on the cell phones with a our number. I am taking about turn on the mic,camera, read texts and listen to our calls. so here is my question how do we block him from doing this? Someone please help us!
    02-04-2015 10:12 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Block his number on your wireless plan as well as your home phone. As for hacking your phones, it would probably have to be a fairly sophisticated program to do what you're saying. If you're really worried, back up your data, then do a factory reset of your phones. After finishing the setup wizard again, go straight to the Google Play Store and halt any automatic installations. Now proceed installing your usual apps.

If he starts harassing you or your family, either verbally or physically, call the cops.
    02-04-2015 10:20 PM
    This person knows when we do certain things. If we talk about him in our home he calls like 3 minutes later. He knows were we have been or were we are at. The only thing I can think of is he hacked our phones.
    There are a number of social apps that share your whereabouts with your friends and contacts. Facebook is (in)famous for this. It will also share with among others S. Health on the phones.
    Do as B Diddy says and reset both phones following his instructions. Add to that, a careful screening of your (both) "share with" options that are available in public apps and set these to only allow family or really close friends.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    02-04-2015 10:43 PM
    Oh, and go to Settings>Location, and turn off Location Reporting. If you use Google+, turn off its Location Sharing option as well.
    02-04-2015 11:00 PM
    Ok thank you. I have contacted police about that.
    05-15-2015 11:52 AM