Samsung tell me S Health isn't available on the S4 - anyone else heard this?

harrybarman

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
I had some problems with my S4 recently and rather stupidly removed the S Health updates as part of my troubleshooting. I was hoping I could install it again.

After some to-ing and fro-ing with Samsung support they tell me that currently S Health isn't supported on the S4 and they can't tell me when it will be supported. Luckily I found an apk for a slightly older version that mostly seems to work ok and am using that for now.

I must admit to a love/hate relationship with S Health. It's not the best running app in the world, but at least it can interact with my heart rate monitor and keep some stats.

My question is whether anyone else has been told this, and whether any more info is available on when/if S Health will return to the S4.

H

harrybarman

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
It is odd - isn't it. My S Health worked fine until I tried to remove the updates and reinstall. Take a look in your Galaxy Apps app - can you see it there?

Cheers,

Harry

harrybarman

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
BTW... here is the msg from Samsung:

Dear Customer,
Thank you for contacting us. We appreciate the opportunity to assist you.
Regarding your inquiry, please note that the SHealth application doesn't support the Galaxy S4, temporarily.
Therefore, this application will not work on your device.
If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us.

and...

Regarding your inquiry, we would like to inform you that at the moment we do not have an official information about when the SHealth application will become available on the S4 and other devices as well.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Might be a compatibility issue. Strange that they wouldn't leave an older, compatible version for the S4 though.
Hopefully it'll come back soon. SHealth IS a big selling point of Samsung Devices.

rgustafson19

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
That is strange.. I just got a new S4 (M919) on Saturday and S Health is alive & kicking. What is their meaning of "temporarily?"

Posted via the Android Central App

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I think what he might be seeing is the app no longer being available for new installs temporarily. If your phone already has the app installed, you're good... I just assume you're not getting updated to the newest version for some compatibility issues.

CrazyElwin

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
I have the S4 and have been using the S Health everyday. Got the new update and not the thing won't open. Is there a way to roll back the update? Utleast until i can get all my saved numbers?

defiantbeast

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Same thing here, there's a new update that came out for S Health but a lot of S4 users are saying it wont open/not working for them. Waiting to hear something from Samsung

harrybarman

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
When I got the update I got the same symptoms as well. The app was stuck on the splash screen and didn't seem to make any progress. I found going into the application manager and clearing the app cache and data seemed to do the trick.

H.

dm3ready

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
When I got the update I got the same symptoms as well. The app was stuck on the splash screen and didn't seem to make any progress. I found going into the application manager and clearing the app cache and data seemed to do the trick.

H.

When I checked my phone this morning I had the exact same scenario that you mentioned. I followed your tip regarding clearing the cache and data. That seems to have worked! However, even though i did a "restore" I think i lost all my data.

twpenn

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
GOOD NEWS! I just worked with an extremely nice Samsung Tech Support Rep (Gilda), and the S Health issue is resolved on my S4. Thank goodness I enabled the automatic backup feature,... data restored! Very simple resolution: 1) Navigate to settings 2) Choose 'More' 3) Select 'Application Manager' 4) Slide to 'ALL' and scroll down until you locate the S Health app, then tap it to open 5) Tap the 'Clear cache' button 6) Tap the 'Clear data' button 7) Close the settings, go to your S Health icon or widget and launch it, then follow the setup instructions. Enjoy!

yoshiejosh

Mar 7, 2015
Visit site
Ive had s health on both my s4,s and have had no problems altgough i notice on my new s4 the shealth is diff and actual worse in many ways like there is a start button for walking i dont remember on my old one and another problem i cant remeber..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calvinxander08