Why do I only receive a group messaging text from one individual person and not the whole group?

lmk312

Feb 16, 2015
Visit site
Group Messaging Help

So let me start off by saying I've searched high and low for a solution to my problem.

This will start out the same way as many other people's issue.

I switched from a broken iPhone to my Galaxy S4, using Verizon as my carrier. It took me awhile but I was finally able to disable iMessage. I completely disabled all my devices associated with my itunes account, reset my account etc.

Here's my problem, I have one group text that I only receive texts from one individual (out of 3). The individual I receive texts from on that group uses an iPhone as do the rest of them.

Every other group text I am on I receive messages from (some with all iphone users, some not).

I've spoken to Verizon and Samsung. So far I have disabled my iMessage, switched my "global roaming" network off to solely LTE, and I've done a factory reset on the phone.

I'm struggling here. I basically get daily messages as a part of a group that I get one persons responses to; an unsolvable puzzle.

Any help would be more than appreciated.

robsw

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Re: Group Messaging Help

This is happening to me too on a Moto X 2014, after switching from an iPhone. I've performed all of the iMessage deregistration fixes and I get non-group texts from iPhone users just fine. It appears to be only when there is a group and all the others are on iPhones. This problem did not occur when I was on Android prior to idiotically moving to the iPhone for a couple months to try it out.