Samsung Galaxy S4 video stereo audio playback problem, please help!

Omar Khan7

Feb 26, 2015
Visit site
When I use the voice recorder app to record my voice or audio, it records in stereo meaning that I can hear a healthy amount of vocal or audio projection equally from both of my speakers or from my headphone ear pieces. However, when I use a video recording app, the audio is much more geared to the left speaker and very faint in the right such that it appears mono.

What can I do ?

Omar

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Change camera apps. If the mic works, it should work for any app. (There's a faint possibility that a tiny part of the phone's ROM got corrupted, so calling one API (audio) to record audio works, but calling another API (video) to record audio doesn't - but betting on the lottery is a sure thing compared to that. ROMs generally just crash if they get corrupted.)

Omar Khan7

Feb 26, 2015
Visit site
I have tried 4 to 5 different camera apps. Same thing. Audio is directed to one speaker or ear piece of my headphone set.
Can you try recording audio on your SGS4 or a video rather and listening to it using headphone and see if you can replicate my issue. If you can't then maybe I have a firmware, hardware or OS issue yes? I am under a 1 year warranty and have 2 months left for it.

Omar

Omar Khan7

Feb 26, 2015
Visit site
can you tell me how to do that?
BTW I spoke with a genius local cell repairman/Samsung tech and he said that the charging port for one of the mics is toast most likely. He will fix it tomorrow and I'll be back in business and in living color. However, I'l try what you said.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol