"Unfortunately contacts has stopped" - unable to make calls

Crunchyhippo

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
About two weeks ago, after getting my phone in December, I started getting these popups "unfortunately your contacts has stopped" when I would try to open my contacts. Tonight, I tried to open the "app" to make a call, and the same popup opened and refused to let me even make a freakin' call! I just tried it again and I was able to open it, but I'm sure it's gonna happen again. This is entirely unacceptable. I've googled it until I'm blue in the face, and no one seems to have an answer - or at least the definitive one.

There has to be a fix for this. I'll wind up calling Samsung headquarters if I have to, but I know they'll charge me $30 bucks.

AndroidHabit

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
It's a memory issue. If you have a lot of apps installed and no SD card then try and remove some apps you don't need and you will notice it will perform better.

dm3ready

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm having a similar issue - its frequent but not constant - when I try to open Contacts I get the same message but the 2nd attempt (if done immediately) will always work!
(side note: I have about 5.3 GB free space on my S4)

Crunchyhippo

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
I think I found the solution from another poster elsewhere. I disabled the Google+ app, then rebooted the phone. That was two days ago, and so far I haven't had the popup yet. Not sure why Google+ would be interfering, but I guess it was in some fashion.

Ssands1

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Solution that worked for me...
Went to voice mail and deleted all voice mails in the box, and the already deleted voice mails...a two step operation....I have a Samsung GS5 VZ Lollipop OS 5.0 and did all the other cache clears data clears, reboots unload recent apps reloaded recent apps. so on and so forth that didn't work for me...but delete voicemails did...Go Figure

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol