Can I go back to 4.4.2?

Edible Walrus

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
This is probably just adjustment issues I guess and I'll most likely get used to it, but Android 5.0.1 is slow to switch apps and open them (it's faster since a reboot). Do not disturb is broken now. It's now called Always Interrupt and I can't get it to allow certain contacts to interrupt like I had before (only family could get through after certain hours, no one else). Setting lock screen notifications is all or nothing, if you say hide because it's sensitive that app's notification entry still shows up saying contents hidden (then why show the entry?). All it needs is what you're listening to, texts, email and calls, that's it.

And the Google Keyboard's predictive text is just weird now

Are there ways to sort this in Android 5

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I think that whether you can back over a major version (5 to 4, in this case) depends on the carrier the phone was built for. Probably not for AT&T or Verizon. (We're glad if the phones make phone calls.)

But you're right - someone just getting a smart phone for the first time, and getting 5.1, wouldn't have to unlearn JellyBean and KitKat. (I haven't used Samsung's launcher or keyboard in years. Nova Launcher and SwiftKey Keyboard, so I don't worry about Samsung predicting that I'm going to use a Korean word, or whatever they did to LolliFlop.)

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
The app "alert" by egomotion will sort the blocking mode changes out and allow specific callers through(messages as well)