Newbie question : usually how long between each update?

dlalonde

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
I've had the Galaxy S4 for the past month and a half and played around with it. Unfortunately I've yet to find a good Lollipop version for it.

Since then, I've seen Lollipop evolve from 5.0.1 to 5.0.2 to 5.1. Still nothing for the S4 yet (I'm in North America). According to the news, the Lollipop version we'll be getting is 5.0.1. How long does Samsung usually take to deliver .x updates? Was it that long between say 4.4 and 4.4.2 for example?

Do you think we can expect to have 5.1 before the end of the year?

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Samsung puts out major OS updates once a year, same as Google.. Minor updates are released when they're ready.

Android 5.1 will be out long before the end of the year. Another major update will be available from Google before the end of the year. It will likely be made available by Samsung a fee months later, maybe early the next year.

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.

Last edited:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
And be aware that 5.0-5.0.2 have a memory leak, so don't accept anything prior to 5.1. (It still has bugs, but at least the memory leak was fixed. You don't want a memory leak in a small device like a cellphone - you don't have 32GB of RAM to play with.)