Phone front camera cracked and I don't know how?

lizawithaz

Mar 24, 2015
Visit site
Hi there, I was wondering if someone could help me with this issue I'm having.

A little while ago I dropped my phone and gave it a good crack along the top right hand corner of the screen. I got the screen replaced last week and the entire phone was working perfectly, including the front camera. Today, out of nowhere, I notice my front camera is taking blurry photos. I take a closer look and I'm pretty sure there's a crack on the front camera itself, causing the issues when taking pictures.

I have no idea how this happened? I haven't dropped my phone lately. When I got it fixed last week, it was working perfectly. Earlier today I was taking pics with the front camera and it was fine. It just seems quite out of the blue - I've had the phone fixed and haven't dropped it, so why the sudden issue with the front camera?

Any idea what could have happened? Could it have been an issue from the previous time I dropped the phone and cracked the screen? I'm going to take it back into the shop and see how much it costs to get this fixed, but I was just wondering if this had happened to anyone before.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Any idea what could have happened? Could it have been an issue from the previous time I dropped the phone and cracked the screen?
Yep. The lens probably developed a hair-thin crack on the edge from the shock. All of a sudden a tiny shock (even tapping the screen lightly) caused that crack to spread across the lens. I've seen it happen to screens, camera lenses - anything hard. (It only takes a light tap with a soft iron blade to cut a diamond, if it's hit in the right spot.)

lizawithaz

Mar 24, 2015
Visit site
Yep. The lens probably developed a hair-thin crack on the edge from the shock. All of a sudden a tiny shock (even tapping the screen lightly) caused that crack to spread across the lens. I've seen it happen to screens, camera lenses - anything hard. (It only takes a light tap with a soft iron blade to cut a diamond, if it's hit in the right spot.)

That does make sense, very annoying though. I thought that was me done with paying to get the phone fixed, but apparently not! Thanks for the reply! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zif835