So my Galaxy s4 was plugged in over night on my stand and I had a soft drink cup which I was drinking out of And I had water in it. I woke up in the middle of the night and apparently set the cup on top of my phone and fell asleep, so when I woke up the cup had sweat through and soaked my phone while it was plugged in.
    As soon as I could I took the battery out and put it in a small container of rice for 24 hours hoping against hope.

Now when I plug it in and try to turn it on it will vibrate once like it is trying to turn on but the screen stays blank and no LED's turn on or flash. It will reliably vibrate once every time I push the power key.

Does anyone know where to go from here? I have photos on the phone and I was hoping that at least by bringing it into an ATT store when I have time to see if they can pull information off of it but I'm not sure if they can if It wont turn on.
    03-25-2015 12:40 PM
    So my Galaxy s4 was plugged in over night on my stand and I had a soft drink cup which I was drinking out of And I had water in it. I woke up in the middle of the night and apparently set the cup on top of my phone and fell asleep, so when I woke up the cup had sweat through and soaked my phone while it was plugged in.
    As soon as I could I took the battery out and put it in a small container of rice for 24 hours
    So which phone are you going to buy now?

Sorry, but that urban myth has killed more phones than all the bulldozers in all the landfills have.

Does anyone know where to go from here?
    To a store to buy a new phone.

I have photos on the phone and I was hoping that at least by bringing it into an ATT store when I have time to see if they can pull information off of it but I'm not sure if they can if It wont turn on.
    AT&T Device Support Centers are good (which is one reason I'm on AT&T) but they aren't magicians. If the photos weren't important enough to back up, they aren't important. (Of course, reality is the other way around - back up anything that's important.) Sorry, but your phone is now electronic scrap, and it's going to get worse if the battery is in it. (BTW, charging a phone that's been wet is like electrocuting a person - it makes sure that if there was anything salvageable on the phone before, there isn't any more.)

Read Oh, no! My Phone got Wet! so you'll know what to do next time. (Sitting wet all night isn't repairable, though - by the time you woke up it was too late.)
    03-25-2015 04:53 PM