Why am I unable to use any weather widget, aside from AccuWeather widget, that came with the phone?

A

AC Question

Unable to use any weather widget, aside from AccuWeather widget, that came with the phone.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 (SGH-I337) for AT&T, running stock Android 4.4.4. The issue I've been having is that every time I try to place a weather widget on the home screen (or any of the pages), it simply does not appear. I will drag the widget from the Widgets screen to the page I'm trying to place it on, when I place in on the page, it takes me to the settings page for that widget, and when I press 'Ok' to exit the screen, the widget is not there. It's just a blank space. This happens with every weather widget I've tried to use so far, aside from the AccuWeather app that came with the phone. This was not always an issue. I was able to use other weather widgets just fine. This issue prevailed through at least since 4.4.2, and it's still happening.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Unable to use any weather widget, aside from AccuWeather widget, that came with the phone.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 (SGH-I337) for AT&T, running stock Android 4.4.4. The issue I've been having is that every time I try to place a weather widget on the home screen (or any of the pages), it simply does not appear. I will drag the widget from the Widgets screen to the page I'm trying to place it on, when I place in on the page, it takes me to the settings page for that widget, and when I press 'Ok' to exit the screen, the widget is not there. It's just a blank space. This happens with every weather widget I've tried to use so far, aside from the AccuWeather app that came with the phone. This was not always an issue. I was able to use other weather widgets just fine. This issue prevailed through at least since 4.4.2, and it's still happening.

Welcome to Android Central!

Try using another Launcher to see if it works. Nova Launcher has a ton of features you might like.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...com.teslacoilsw.launcher&hl=en&token=3-uqTmBz

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze