Can I use a Metro PCS SIM card with a Samsung Galaxy S4?

A

AC Question

Trying to use a Metro PCS SIM card with Samsung Galaxy s4

I am trying to use an already activated SIM card from Metro PCS in an unlocked Galaxy s4, and it won't work. Would someone please walk me through the process? Or do I just need to call Metro PCS?

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Trying to use a Metro PCS SIM card with Samsung Galaxy s4

I am trying to use an already activated SIM card from Metro PCS in an unlocked Galaxy s4, and it won't work. Would someone please walk me through the process? Or do I just need to call Metro PCS?

What carrier was the S4 originally with?

grace1297

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site

Thanks, that got me a little closer! It still won't connect though...

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site

Are you certain the phone is actually unlocked?

Are you sure it's compatible with Metro PCS? You'll need to know the sub-model number. Then go to this site to find out if it will work:

http://www.willmyphonework.net/

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.

jeremycummings420

Mar 12, 2018
Visit site

It's not you that is messing up. I ran into this issue just last week with my unlocked phone. The carrier your sim is activated on has to have the IMEI number. So basically when you place a call, the sim and IMEI are checked to verify they match and vola, you have a working phone.

PS, if it's metropcs you are on, be prepared to pay 15 dollars for this 2 min switch