Hi everyone i have a samsung galaxy s4 the big one and i do not use my phone often so it is either connected to the pc or mains but on a quite a few occasions as i disconnect it from whichever it is plugged into it switches itself off with a flat battery this does not happen every time but to often to be ignored the battery will charge up within a couple of hours and will then be fine until the next time it decides to do it can anyone help me out here as it always happens when i need it most thanks Chris
    04-04-2015 01:29 PM
    In other words, the charging process does not always work....is that what you're saying? That suggests a faulty or damaged USB lead or USB port....among other possibilities.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-04-2015 02:13 PM
    Or a pretty serious dendrite in the battery (see Lithium Battery Dendrite links for more than you ever wanted to know). If that's the case, the battery has to be replaced. (They're not expensive.)
    04-04-2015 03:27 PM
    No i am sure it is charging but when i disconnect the charger/usb the phone will switch itself off and the only way to re-boot is wait an hour or so until there is enough battery, if it does not do it it will work as well as any other, the main problem is i normally disconnect as i am about to walk out the door and if it does it i have no phone and it is not a rare occasion many thanks Chris
    04-07-2015 02:35 AM
    Are you using the factory charger? A usb port is not strong enough to charge the S-4 quickly. It does sound like a charger or usb cable problem or possibly a battery problem! If you know someone else with a similar phone try their charger and usb cable. How do you know it is charging?
    04-07-2015 11:59 AM