S4 - Without Answering Call Caller can hear my conversation, how is this even possible?

A

AC Question

S4 - Without Answering Call Caller can hear my conversation

This is weird guys but I can't find the solution on Google.
My S4 kitkat having some issue where caller can hear my conversation and I didn't answer the call either. For example, my friend called me one time and I saw that it's him and didn't answer the call and continue conversation with my girlfriend. He called me back after few min and I picked up the call. He said that he heard my conversation until phone was ringing. ....so I am kind of Frick out because couple of folks told me the same...
Is anyone else had issue like this..please help..

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Re: S4 - Without Answering Call Caller can hear my conversation

This is weird guys but I can't find the solution on Google.
My S4 kitkat having some issue where caller can hear my conversation and I didn't answer the call either. For example, my friend called me one time and I saw that it's him and didn't answer the call and continue conversation with my girlfriend. He called me back after few min and I picked up the call. He said that he heard my conversation until phone was ringing. ....so I am kind of Frick out because couple of folks told me the same...
Is anyone else had issue like this..please help..
Hello.
Are you saying they could hear from the phone microphone BEFORE they rang you, or while they rang you until it went unanswered.

There are accessibility, palm control sensors and voice control settings to answer a call, depending on the device - but I don't believe there is a capability for a caller to listen in to a contact before a call is answered by whatever means.

keyun21

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site

Yes, I could hear the phone ring and the conversation. I tried to call from my girlfriend phone and told her to don't answer the call and asked her to say something while phone is ringing and I swear I heard everything she said without answering the call.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

Thanks for registering.
You should consider joining a Magic Circle in your area. You seem to have special powers.

There's still not enough information there to figure out what's happening, but I don't think that's normally possible. If you can hear her after the phone has stopped ringing, there may be a simple explanation then. You can of course check the call log and see if it was an answered call that used some seconds of time.

Enjoy the forums.

keyun21

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site

Well , let me try again maybe I wasn't clear.
Issue: when anyone call my Galaxy S4 and if I don't answer the call and let the phone ring. The person on other end who is calling my S4 can easily hear my conversation in another world, if I am calling you on your Galaxy S4 and if you don't answer my call and let your phone ring until it goes into voice mail, during that time if you are having conversations, I can very easily hear that. So basically, you didn't answered my call but I was listening your conversation. ...
This is bothering for a long time and I checked all the settings and they are default as long as I know.
Any help greatly appreciated.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

Hi. I understand what you are describing.

I personally cannot offer you an explanation, but there may be someone on the forums who would have an insight into how that could be. Would the caller to your phone, who hears your conversation without you answering, have the call logged and timed on their phone - I don't know.

If no one else responds here, ( a lot of people overlook a quick question on this particular forum) you can raise it again in Android Central Community - General Help and How To forum, or Introductions.

RadVanessa

May 26, 2015
Visit site
Just experienced the same thing. I missed a few calls from my Mother, as my phone was on mute. When she was calling me, even though I didn't answer, she heard the conversation I was having with my fiance. I have no idea how or why this is happening. Anyone have any clues?

lw12093

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
I had the exact same thing happen today on my Samsung Galaxy S4 running Android 4.4.4. My husband called me and could hear me talking BEFORE I answered the phone. And it's repeatable. We tried it at least 4 times and every time he could hear me (and any other sounds in the room) while the phone was actively ringing. Once I pressed the reject button, he could no longer hear me. For us, it only worked when both phones were using Wi-Fi calling. We were both on the same wi-fi network too. We plan to try this again when we are on different wi-fi networks and see if it still happens.

It's like the microphone gets turned on before the accept button is pressed. His phone is a Samsung Galaxy S3 running Android 4.3. We tried the reverse situation where I call him, but I couldn't hear him before he answered.

I know it's been several months since your post, but this is glitch is too interesting to not reply!

Ryan W Thomas

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
This has started happening on my Galaxy S4 as well. I think both times I have been on Wi-Fi calling. Not sure if it is a phone issue or related to my carrier, T-Mobile. This is a weird bug and thankfully hasn't caused any embarrassment yet based on what the other person calling me may hear.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
There's something going on with the S4 then. There may be commonality as in T-Mobile or wifi calling as Ryan says, but the previous posters haven't posted again. There could be another thread or forum on this.

Muhammad Mehmood

Dec 16, 2015
Visit site
It happened to me too, my wife called, i was in meeting and while the phone was ringing everything was heard on the other end untill the call went to voice mail and it stopped. when my wife told me , i asked her to call me again and i was not picking the phone but voice was being heard at the other end.
how it can be fixed

karlamoPA

Jun 30, 2018
Visit site
Happened to me. too. with S7 today.

This is not a minor glitch!!!!

Imagine the damage done to a relationship if you say something offensive not knowing they are listening. Lawsuit if not fixed. I'm calling consumer cellular to report it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeneral2