Baidu folder on my SGS4

cgentil

Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

In my SGS4 i got a folder called "Baidu", I do checked and deleted and it comes back after few seconds after deleted.

I had removed some app's to test and nothing works, the folder come back.

I don't use ES File Manag.

It just creates 2 db files.

Android 5.0.1.

Thanks.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Is this a carrier phone associated with Baidu at all? Or have you downloaded software from Baidu? Some apps will re-build their folders even if you delete them (they do need them to work, after all) and sometimes there are apps you didn't install, that just come installed with your phone or carrier services running in the background, that can create logs (which makes sense if the files are DB, or DataBase, files).

cgentil

Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
No, no apps from Baidu.

I tested and after delete that folder it's not specific app make that folder rebuild, it appears randomly.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Then it's gotta be a running process in your phone (no, it's not random, it just may seem that way). Is this a carrier branded phone?

cgentil

Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
Checked that files seems to be updated when WLAN is on and when we shutdown after few seconds the files are updated. And now which process is doing that....?

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Baidu is the chinese equivalent of google. It is a ver popular search engine in the far east. I have had a "Baidu" folder on my devices since 2012. Nothing has been added to the folder and as you said it just keeps coming back upon deletion. It is not present on non samsung ASOP devices tgat I have looked at. I stopped worrying about it.

cgentil

Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
But that's strange it's some app process doing that every time I shutdown any kind of Internet connection that file is updated

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
If this is an unlocked China phone or from an Asian market it wouldn't be strange if that folder is being created as some Baidu services are included in some phones. Is your phone FACTORY unlocked or just unlocked by someone else?

You could go into the Application Manager, find the ALL tab or the RUNNING tab and see if anything with the word 'BAIDU' pops up

cgentil

Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

Problem found. That was Samsung Vitamins program creating that folder, after disable it and test no more Baidu folder.