Why can't I swipe windows in stock browser since 4.4.2 update (Samsung Galaxy S4)?

A

AC Question

Why can't I swipe windows in stock browser since 4.4.2 update? (Samsung Galaxy S4)

Hi. I updated my Samsung Galaxy s4 to the 4.4.2 android version today and am now encountering an issue whenever I have multiple windows in my stock internet browser.

In the stock internet browser you can click on the button with the current count of opened internet windows to the right of the URL/search bar to bring a list of all of the open windows to the front of the screen, and in previous versions you could swipe your finger up/down to scroll through all of the open windows if you had more than 4 internet pages open so that you could select the one to bring to up on the screen.

Since the update I cannot scroll through these open internet tabs/windows - when I try the 4 windows displayed remain static. If I close one of the windows, the next window that was hiding off screen will come up so that 4 windows are still displaying, but I can't navigate through any other window except for the 4 onscreen. I've tried reboots and wiping the cache (via the home/up volume/power button trick) with no success. Is there a different way of swiping I'm missing, or another trick I can use to get this working again?

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Re: Why can't I swipe windows in stock browser since 4.4.2 update? (Samsung Galaxy S4)

Hello. Welcome to Android Central.

It's not a 4.4.2 thing. It works for me on a Note 3. I have Internet version 1.5.28 on 4.4.2.

Try also clearing cache in Applications Manager - Internet, it can build up.

Failing that, sync the Internet to your Samsung account to save bookmarks, then turn off Sync and clear the data there as well.

You could then Force Stop and Disable / Turn Off the app and let it reload.

Sync with Samsung when it's back working.

There may be another reason.

b26bd8f593c002b46802cc04f0e8555f.jpg
63dd94cf651c1720c81748e877a60db1.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawiss