I am absolutely furious about this update. I had no idea it was going to completely change my phone with no way back and I'm really, really furious.

At the moment, I'm just desperately trying to get my phone as close as possible to the way it used to be. I was able to correct a few things but there are a lot of frustrating problems that I can't find a way to fix.

1) Samsung keyboard - there are now little symbols on the top of every key. These weren't there before and I don't want them there now, since I can just switch to the symbol tab if I want to use them. They're incredibly distracting to see in small print on every single letter key.

2) Effects - now when I scroll up or down, this atrocious wave effect appears, be it blue, teal or orange, at the top or bottom of the screen depending on which way I'm scrolling. This is painfully aggravating and hard on the eyes. I really, really hope there's a way to disable this effect, but I can't figure out how.

3) Color scheme - speaking of hard on the eyes, the new color scheme is just awful. I don't want to be overwhelmed by this bright orange in my text messenger, I don't want to have to squint at the alternating blue and teal whenever I pull down the overhead menu or use the phone, and I really hate this new gray and white of the keyboard (phone, contacts, messenger, clock, web search, etc. have all fallen victim to this horrid new color scheme). Is there ANY way to return to the normal, unoffensive colors that I was so happy with before this insufferable update?? Because this is going to kill my eyes; it's impossible to use comfortably.

4) Cursor - far more minor but annoying nonetheless, the cursor has gone from the rectangular shape to this teardrop shape and I hate it. Is there any way to change it back?

5) The lock screen turns off almost immediately if you don't swipe and go to the home screen right away. I can't find a place to set the amount of time before the screen turns back off (I'm specifically talking about the lock screen).

6) The whole overall look of the new system, especially the icons, is all wrong now. The colors are too cartoonish and hard to look at. The geometry used to be all harsh lines and angles; now everything seems to be soft and circular. Can this be changed?

Sorry for all of the questions but I've never been so unhappy with a phone update. I wasn't prepared at all for this...I thought it was just going to be a standard security upgrade or something that would make the phone more stable on a deeper level. I had no idea my entire phone appearance and functionality was going to be changed without warning, or that I'd be stuck with it because for god knows what reason, they don't feel the need to allow for the option to roll back to an older version! Any help with these extremely maddening issues would be truly appreciated!
    04-12-2015 10:54 PM
    Hi there I think I can help with a couple of your questions. with Issue 2) I set a live wallpaper & it did the job.
    As for the lock screen, the sleep function in Display can be set up to 30 minutes of inactivity. I'm afraid I can't help with any thing else though. I feel exactly the way you do though. I emailed Sony & told them I am paying for the phone so should have the right to fashion my device the way I like it! I hate what they have done. I am having an issue with calls. No one can hear me, it's been very frustrating...
    04-19-2015 11:56 AM
    Hi! I'm new and I don't know if I am talking about the same thing. But I updated my phone last week and I hate it! I don't like the way the icons are in the texting list, and when I use pandora on my car it used to display the title of the song on the nav window, now nothing. Anyway to go back to before?

Thank you
    Jestme
    04-25-2015 11:31 AM
    I don't mind the new colour scheme, but another friend of mine hates it like you guys. Does anyone know about how to email the Galaxy developers to request new features?

In this case, the feature I want in Samsung Galaxy Lollipop is a theme engine in the display settings that allows me to change the menu and background colours in the factory apps, because not everyone is a fan of the bright backgrounds or the teal menu colour.
    04-25-2015 01:40 PM
    I agree with some if your comments: too much change drives us nuts and this was too much. Keyboard looks good to me but you can get new keyboards off Google play or app store u use. However u need "settings" and after this upgrade my settings button is no longer my settings button! Very bad idea as I want to increase light on display and cannot get there. Of course hiding "settings" makes me use this new software so maybe that was done purposefully!!

Posted via Android Central App
    05-24-2015 11:24 AM