My phone was working all day, and then suddenly shut itself off around 30% battery life and now will not turn back on. There is no sign of any response. The charging light doesn't show when the phone is plugged in, and my computer does not recognize that a device is being plugged in when I try a USB slot. I've already tried a different battery that is functioning perfectly in another phone with no difference, and I've tried the volume-home-power buttons trick, with the same results.
    04-19-2015 06:50 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! That sounds ominous. The motherboard might have failed. It's also possible that it's a power button failure, which would be less serious. But either way, you'll have to take it to a repair shop or Samsung service center.
    04-20-2015 12:44 AM
    My phone was working all day, and then suddenly shut itself off around 30% battery life and now will not turn back on. There is no sign of any response. The charging light doesn't show when the phone is plugged in, and my computer does not recognize that a device is being plugged in when I try a USB slot. I've already tried a different battery that is functioning perfectly in another phone with no difference, and I've tried the volume-home-power buttons trick, with the same results.
    Try taking the battery out, and put it back in. If it turn on and vibrates, then u can see the samsung logo before it turns off, it might be the power button is at fault. Follow the link below for instructions and troubleshoots.

04-26-2015 02:16 AM