How do I do a hard reset on my Galaxy S4 external card?

A

AC Question

Hard reset on galaxy s4 external card issues

I’ve got a specific situation for which I’m in need of your expertise, I'm Really annoyed with this issue that i am currently experiencing with my Samsung Galaxy S4 GT 19505 LOLLIPOP 5.0.1 Everytime I use to save files or any applications on my SanDisk Extreme 64GB microSDXC Class 10 UHS-1 the app or the files can no longer be opened by my phone. I also tried to transfer files from phone memory to the microSD card the file or app is no longer available. So what I do is I delete the apps and files that can no longer be of use. I tried to reformat the micro SD card thru my phone, it says that reformat was successful, but when I go back to check on the application or applications or photos that I have deleted manually, I see them again being saved on the SD card evethough I have deleted them permanently and had already used the reformat memory card on SETTINGS > MORE OPTIONS > STORAGE > SD CARD > FORMAT SD CARD. I also tried to reformat the SD card thru windows 7, but i receive an error that the SD card is locked or something and that I need to remove the lock. I am in need of your help badly, I will be waiting for a response from you guys before doing anything on this device. cause I know you would be able to help me on this issue. I don't know if my phone has a virus or if there is something wrong with my SD card. Thank you and God bless you guys!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Hard reset on galaxy s4 external card issues

Welcome to Android Central! I doubt it's a virus. It could be a corrupt or faulty card, or a counterfeit card. Try unmounting the card (in Settings>Storage), removing it, and inserting it into your computer. Then run chkdsk to look for any bad sectors: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...guide-using-chkdsk-fix-corrupted-sd-card.html. If it checks out ok, then run SD Insight on the phone with the microSD card inserted back in. This can tell you if the card is what it says it is.

Samsung devices seem more prone to error when using SD cards--at least, that's been the experience here on these forums.

Dada245

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
Re: Hard reset on galaxy s4 external card issues

Thank you. Already sent you a private message and a friend request. I Appreciate your immediate response on this urgetn matter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeneral2