Hi id first of all like to introduce myself as a retard now thats outta the way ill tell you whats happened. My power button was playing up last weekend so i pressed and pressed it and it worked for a day, next day same again, it was acknowledging i was pressing it, and if i swyped across screen it would make the sound but nothing appeared on screen. So i watched a youtube video and it said to remove the power button and download an app, great i thought, removed button off board, he said in video to hold home button and down volume, plug into laptop and it would turn on, however, it wouldnt, i was even then more of a retard and bought a new button and tried to solder it in myself...dont ask me why and yes i know...im a retard. made a right hash of it.

Anyway, im not due an upgrade till December, i can live without the phone, i just want some stuff off it, mainly my contacts and maybe texts? Can i access it anyway? When you plug it in to laptop it recognizes a device but i cant do anything with it, i suspect i didnt have USB debugging enabled. Either that or can i turn it on somehow? Desperate for those contacts, ive gone back to an old phone, galaxy s2 and i dont know why but my contacts havent updated online, when i change phones the google contacts thing always works. Typically it hasnt this time.

Any help would much be appreciated...and name calling would help to cause i know what a retard ive been lol.

Thank you,
    Matt
    05-02-2015 07:04 AM