power switches off after swipe attempt
    05-02-2015 08:16 PM
    chances are good there's internal damage. Even though the display seems to function, it appears the digitizer (the part that registers touch input) is severely damaged (likely not the only damage either). Unfortunately you would likely have to replace the glass screen AND digitizer (they're bonded together if I recall correctly, and chances are very good the glass will break when you try remove the display/digitizer assembly.

After that you may still have a faulty phone - without a properly functioning display it's hard to tell.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-02-2015 09:34 PM
    and chances are very good the glass will break when you try remove the display/digitizer assembly.
    That's the easiest way to remove it. Spider it so you can heat a small piece at a time. There's less chance of overheating the screen that way.

But I don't recommend that someone who hasn't been trained to replace digitizers attempt to do it. It's cheaper to pay a shop to do it than to have to pay them to fix what got broken and then replace the digitizer with a new one.
    Laura Knotek and dancing-bass like this.
    05-03-2015 01:26 AM