Hi my wife dropped her phone down the toilet only for around 5 seconds before it was fished out dried and put in a bed of rice for a few days.
    The phone now turns on and sometimes the screen lights up and all appears ok but as soon as the screen switches off it does not light back up.
    Most times it stays black all the time when u remove the battery and put it back on to power up
    With the screen working sometimes could this be repaired at a local phone shop as the phone is not insured and water damage not covered under warranty? ?? Help
    05-03-2015 03:53 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Difficult to know if it could be easily fixed, since water damage can be insidious and widespread, not just affecting one component. See this guide: http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...e-got-wet.html
    05-04-2015 01:48 AM
    You'd probably have to replace the rest of the phone too. One second immersion in clean tap water is enough to totally destroy a phone unless it's flushed out VERY quickly. Read the second paragraph of the link B.Diddy gave you - until how fast you have to be sinks in. A few days? A few minutes is really stretching your luck, although I've had phones brought to the store by customers that were wet for probably half an hour that I've saved. But most of them were too far gone by then to last more than a few months.

The next time you get a phone wet, first put it into alcohol, then find whoever invented that "bag of rice" trick and put him into a bag of rice for a few days. It's the perfect way to save a very clean (dust- and air-free) phone that's been dropped into condensed steam that's been deionized. But a phone with chemicals all over it (from the air) that's been dropped into conductive (just about all) water? After a few days there's nothing worth saving but the plastic parts.
    05-04-2015 11:12 AM