i have a galaxy s4..lollipop version under "settings", "my device", "display", "screen timeout" it does not give me any options to adjust time for display. it just says "maximum". my screen does not stay on for ANY length of time constantly goes off. was having this problem before update..have installed an app that permanently keeps my screen on and this has given me a "work around" to the problem, but does anyone know how i can fix this to the way it should be working? thanks!
    05-06-2015 09:30 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Before you installed that app, how long was the screen staying on before it timed out? Do you have any power-saving options turned on?
    05-07-2015 12:57 AM
    the screen only stays on for approx. 2 seconds. i do have the power saving option turned on (factory provided). but again this problem developed more than a year ago and thru these forums have tried multiple suggestions..just thought with this major release of the lollipop version which has totally changed appearance and functionality of phone, that maybe this would have corrected itself or at least now maybe corrected some other way
    05-07-2015 09:38 AM
    Oh, I didn't realize that it's been going on for that long. Did it start before switching to power-saving mode? Have you tried Safe Mode to see if the problem is due to a 3rd party app? Restart the Device in Safe Mode Samsung Galaxy S 4 | Verizon Wireless
    05-07-2015 09:56 AM