My S4 has frozen during 5.0 install, what do I do?

A

AC Question

S4 frozen during 5.0 install

I connected my S4 to Kies and backed it up and now tried to install the update it failed and now Kies won't recognize the phone and meanwhile it's stuck on "do not turn off target".

What do i do? is it safe to unplug the usb cable?

chrisrainespro

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: S4 frozen during 5.0 install

Turn the Galaxy S4 off.Now press and hold the Volume up button, the Home button, and the Power button together until you see the Android on screen.Now use Volume down to highlight the "reboot system now" option and press the Power button to select it.

CAUTION: DO NOT ACCIDENTALLY PRESS THE "wipe data/factory reset button" unless you want to loose all of your photos

~~Learning is a never ending adventure~~

Attachments

• 1949.jpg
    1949.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 1950.jpg
    1950.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 9

chrisrainespro

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: S4 frozen during 5.0 install

If your phone is backed up , you can do a factory data reset via the same procedure listed above, which will fix the issue with your external storage not recognizing the phone which you will then use your phones and go to SYSTEM SETTINGS, SYSTEM UPDATE (please note that it may be listed under the ABOUT PHONE tab as it varies from phone to phone. Once your system update is finished downloading your phone will restart to finish the installation. Once the phone restarts you will then plug the phone into your external storage or wherever your backup is stored and restore your apps and files.

~~Learning is a never ending adventure~~

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae