How can I fix a message lag in my Galaxy S4?

A

AC Question

How to fix message lag in galaxy s4

I have had the galaxy s4 mini for about a year. Recently, however, messages has been freezing when I try to go from an individual conversation back to the list of all conversations. The only way I have been able to unfreeze it is by restarting the phone. Now, even more recently, there has been a huge delay with receiving text messages. I'm talking delays of up to five hours. I've had to restart my phone every thirty minutes in order to receive texts.

Is there any way to fix this lag?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: How to fix message lag in galaxy s4

I have had the galaxy s4 mini for about a year. Recently, however, messages has been freezing when I try to go from an individual conversation back to the list of all conversations. The only way I have been able to unfreeze it is by restarting the phone. Now, even more recently, there has been a huge delay with receiving text messages. I'm talking delays of up to five hours. I've had to restart my phone every thirty minutes in order to receive texts.

Is there any way to fix this lag?
Open system settings > applications > sort by all > message. Clear the cache and see if that helps. Also, make sure the phone is fully updated.

If you having a SIM card you might want to make sure the proper APN settings are inputted. Have you made contact with the network provider to see if there's anything on their end that needs to be fixed?