What is an easy way to allow my friends to track my position via my phone, and vice-versa?

I already have Life360, and I could join them to my "Family", but I'm wondering if there's a simpler way.

We're all travelling from Wick, Scotland to their place in Birmingham. They're taking the train, and making an overmight stop, I'm driving my motorhome, stopping as necessary to refuel and sleep.

It would be interesting to be able to keep track of where we are, in relation to each other. If you've ever watched "Top Gear", then it's like one of Clarson's vs. May/Hammond races. My friends are in loco May/Hammond, using public transport, whilst I'm driving the motor vehicle (motorhome is not ideal for a race, apart from the facility to sleep whenever necessary).
    05-11-2015 12:07 PM
    You can use Google+'s feature, but it's not so much in real time.

Or you can use one of the most popular choices, especially for iOS users. Glympse.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....glympse&hl=en

Bear in mind, however, that GPS is a big drain on your device if used constantly. So don't be surprised if your batteries die much faster than before if you use stuff like this.
    05-11-2015 12:30 PM
    I don't need to worry about my battery, as my S4 will charge off the motorhome's USB power outlet. I'd imagine that the trains have arrangements for charging as well, so my friends should be OK.
    05-11-2015 12:54 PM