LG TV doesn't recognize S4 when connected

A

AC Question

All it shows is a black screen.
The strange thing is the tv recognize my brother's galaxy s3 device and even more strange thing is the fact that my s4 works perfectly when it connected to my friend's tv with the same cable and the same mhl adapter.
I've tried restart the phone while connected or update the version. also tried to turn it on flight mode but nothing happend except black screen when i connect the adapter to the phone (before the connection it says 'no signal' on tv so i guess there is signal but no picture).
I will love to get help if someone know something about it.
Thanks.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: why is my LG TV can't recognize my galaxy s4 while it connected by original mhl 11 pin adapter?

All it shows is a black screen.
The strange thing is the tv recognize my brother's galaxy s3 device and even more strange thing is the fact that my s4 works perfectly when it connected to my friend's tv with the same cable and the same mhl adapter.
I've tried restart the phone while connected or update the version. also tried to turn it on flight mode but nothing happend except black screen when i connect the adapter to the phone (before the connection it says 'no signal' on tv so i guess there is signal but no picture).
I will love to get help if someone know something about it.
Thanks.
Not sure why this is occurring with your device. Try clearing cache in recovery - power off, hold volume down+home button+power on until recovery loads. Use volume down to select cache and power to accept. Reboot and see if that fixes it.

anon(3882976)

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
Re: why is my LG TV can't recognize my galaxy s4 while it connected by original mhl 11 pin adapter?

It's "volume-up+home button+power", not volume-down.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20