Hi all,

I am using a Samsung Galaxy S4. Since the latest official OS update to 5.0.1 there is a strange behavior of the build-in music player.

Everything is fine except for three songs.
    The music player keeps renaming the album name of the songs "I Don't Care", "What a Catch, Donnie" and "W.A.M.S." from Fall Out Boy.

I synced the album from Windows Media Player.
    I checked the entries in Windows Media Player, and the album is named "Folie à Deux", what is correct. I also checked the file properties on my PC and the album name is set correctly in the album row.
    But when I open the music player on my S4 the album name for said songs is displayed as "Folie ŕ Deux".
    When I connect the S4 to my PC and check the MP3 properties, the same wrong album name appears and is not editable. But when I copy the songs from my S4 on my PC and check the properties again, the correct album name appears.
    When I copy these files straight back to my S4 and check the properties, the album name is still correct.
    As soon as I open the music player, the album name changes again.

This affects only said songs. All other songs and even the remaining songs of this very album are OK.

I hope anybody has a solution for this strange behavior.

Cheers
    Alex
    05-15-2015 11:31 AM
    I am having this exact same problem, same songs, same album. Its infuriating
    06-16-2015 08:58 AM
    It seems that Android has a problem with accents in song names. I asked a similar question for my phone. http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-...=1#post5148294

Hopefully someone answers the question soon!
    04-30-2016 06:09 PM
    I haven't found a direct solution, but I did find an indirect one. If you use iTunes as your media player, then use doubleTwist to sync from iTunes. It does not mess up the accents.

Unfortunately, I've found that even using doubleTwist, the problem is still there if you sync from Windows Media Player.

Hopefully someone comes up with a solution that does not require switching to iTunes only to switch back out.
    06-06-2016 09:58 PM