I just updated my phone to 5.01, Lollipop and now when ever I touch the settings button on the bottom of the phone, it wants me customize the homescreen. How do I change that so it will take me to my settings?
    05-15-2015 05:08 PM
    Sorry. I just realized that the button I'm referring to is actually the menu button. It no longer gives me a menu. It just shows me I can change the wallpaper, widgets, or the Home screen settings. It use to give me the option to go into my settings. Is there no longer a settings button with Lollipop?
    05-15-2015 05:20 PM
    This is one of my least-favorite changes in Lollipop. I discovered exactly the same thing. The way I worked around it started with realizing that Settings is an app like any other. Pick a Home screen where you'd like to have Settings handy, tap the Apps icon, and move through the list of apps till you find Settings with its blue and white gear icon. Then you can just long-press it and add a shortcut to it on your Home screen, as with other apps.

This leaves it pretty easy to get to, but only from that one Home screen. However, if you want it accessible from every Home screen and you can sacrifice one of the primary app shortcuts along the bottom row, you could remove one of those and move the Settings shortcut to that row. Then it will be immediately available on every Home screen--actually slightly more convenient than the old Menu key item, though it does require this trade-off.
    05-15-2015 07:41 PM
    When you pull down the notification shade the little settings icon is there too on the top right.
    05-15-2015 07:50 PM
    Thanks for the suggestion. I don't understand why an updated version would change the phone's actual features. I pulled out my instruction book that came with my phone and it shows you how to access the menu button. Seems like features like that should stay the same no matter what version you're using. Upgrades don't change how to turn the phone on so why change what the menu button is used for? I think I'm going to complain to Samsung. Not sure they'll care but it might make me feel better.
    05-15-2015 09:55 PM
    mrsmumbles, I did notice that I can get to settings in the pull down notifications.
    mrsmumbles likes this.
    05-15-2015 09:56 PM
    When you pull down the notification shade the little settings icon is there too on the top right.
    Thank you for that -- I give myself a big "Duh!" and a dope slap.
    05-16-2015 09:25 AM
    Thank you for that -- I give myself a big "Duh!" and a dope slap.
    No dope slap! It isn't obvious that's where it is. Someone had to point it out to me too.
    05-16-2015 05:52 PM