Samsung S4 Charge Port Issues

hootss

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Across our family we have 3 Samsung S4 phones from AT&T. Two of them have now lost the ability to charge through the charging port. According to the AT&T store rep these phones have very sensitive charge port connections that go bad easily. Is there a fix to this? Right now we are just using two batteries with a spare charger and swapping out each morning. Pain in the ***.

extraclass

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I haven't had a problem with my port but I have had problems with cables. A bad cable can break the micro usb socket!. I purchased a couple wireless charging systems online that charges my phone without plugging it in! It consists of a very thin part that goes inside the phone and connects to two contacts inside the phone. Simply remove the back, position the charging receiver part and re-install the back. The charger looks like a thin hockey puck and uses the standard charger and cable to power it. It works great for me and my wife. Find them on Ebay for around $10 each! These chargers work through the phone protector case!