Across our family we have 3 Samsung S4 phones from AT&T. Two of them have now lost the ability to charge through the charging port. According to the AT&T store rep these phones have very sensitive charge port connections that go bad easily. Is there a fix to this? Right now we are just using two batteries with a spare charger and swapping out each morning. Pain in the ***.
    05-15-2015 06:14 PM
    I haven't had a problem with my port but I have had problems with cables. A bad cable can break the micro usb socket!. I purchased a couple wireless charging systems online that charges my phone without plugging it in! It consists of a very thin part that goes inside the phone and connects to two contacts inside the phone. Simply remove the back, position the charging receiver part and re-install the back. The charger looks like a thin hockey puck and uses the standard charger and cable to power it. It works great for me and my wife. Find them on Ebay for around $10 each! These chargers work through the phone protector case!
    05-15-2015 10:52 PM