I'm new to google play. I used google play and purchased my very first song ever (online) via my samsung s4 phone. It say "purchased" but I cannot play due to "music playback error couldn't play the track you requested". I cannot locate the song/artist anywhere on my phone.
    I logged onto google account on my computer and the song is there and I can play on my computer speakers.
    Why won't it play on my cell phone?
    05-16-2015 06:19 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! You're using the Google Play Music app, and not trying to play the song from the Google Play Store, right? Open Google Play Music, go to My Library, and look for your purchased music there. Will it play? You won't find the song anywhere on your phone's local storage, even if you downloaded it, because downloaded music tracks are stored in a hidden directory with a coded filename (it's intended for offline use by the Play Music app only, not for use by other music apps or for transferring to other devices).
    05-16-2015 09:32 PM
    I am having the same problem!

I've been using Google Play Music on Sony android and PC fine for ages.

Now all of a sudden doesn't work on my phone - "we cannot play the track you requested".

All of my albums, apart from 1, are CDs ripped to mp3 to my PC, uploaded to Play Music and then downloaded to external SD card on phone through Play Music app via WiFi.

The only album that now works is the one I purchased through Google Play.
    08-25-2015 03:34 AM