Internet connected to the device, but the apps that requires wifi/mobile data won't connect. What should I do?

Misaki Harashima

May 17, 2015
Visit site
Internet connected to the device, but the apps that requires wifi/mobile data won't connect.

I recently got a Samsung Galexy s4 mini, and i decided to insert an SD card. However, after inserting the sd card. The wifi/mobile data won't connect to the apps, but it's connected to the device. I opened youtube but it says to refresh, and i kept refreshing it, but it won't work, even though i am connected to the internet. My instagram, youtube, google and other apps that requires internet won't work >< may i ask why? and how can you fix this?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Internet connected to the device, but the apps that requires wifi/mobile data won't connect.

Welcome to Android Central! Just to be certain--you're talking about a microSD card, and not a SIM card, right? And you're also saying that the phone will connect to either wi-fi or mobile data (3G/4G), but none of the apps can connect to the web successfully? Have you tried multiple different wi-fi networks? Can the phone still make phone calls?