Galaxy tab4 won't get rid of Screen Promo thru wallpapers!

Katberry60

May 18, 2015
Visit site
How do you stop tab4 from continuously waking up with Screen Promo. I've tried everything. It's using up my battery. It won't stay gone & it won't stop waking up. Someone please help me!

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What's Screen Promo? Do you mean that you're getting unwanted fullscreen ads for apps or games?

Katberry60

May 18, 2015
Visit site
When it goes to sleep it wakes itself up a starts advertising how great it is like a live screensavers or wallpaper .

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What is showing? Do you mean it's actually showing ads, or is it just showing a screensaver or slideshow? Do you know if Daydream is turned on?

Katberry60

May 18, 2015
Visit site
It's actually showing a live ad about how light my galaxy tab4 7 is and has multi window black black black etc. And it comes on immediately after it goes black to sleep. It does it with daydream on or off.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Did you buy it new or used? It sounds like a demo model, which usually has a special demo ROM. You often can't turn off the demo mode on these models.

Katberry60

May 18, 2015
Visit site
No. It was bought new at Best Buy. I think I accidentally down loaded the demo when I went online to try to change my lock screensaver right after I first got it, before I knew what I was doing. I guess I'll have to do a factory reset to get rid of it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
How did you download the demo? If it was some sort of demo app, did you download it through Google Play or the Galaxy Apps Store? Try to find it in either of those, and see if you can uninstall it.

Katberry60

May 18, 2015
Visit site
No. I had googled "how to remove screensavers" and misunderstood what I was doing. For some unknown reason I thought I was getting rid of the 3 or 4 lame screensavers on the lock screen for my tab4 & it somehow down loaded the demo. I knew better than to download something off the Internet willy nilly. I was trying to get out of it but it wouldn't let me go. Maybe I downloaded a virus or something but my 360 security didn't catch it if I did.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, I'm still not sure where you downloaded this demo from. Do you know for certain?

The other thing to keep in mind is that it's still possible the folks at Best Buy might have mistakenly sold you a demo model. You might consider bringing it back to them and asking them if they know anything about the problem.

Also, go to Settings>About Tablet, and look at the software or kernel version. Does it say "demo" anywhere in it?

Katberry60

May 18, 2015
Visit site
No, I looked at "about phone" & everywhere else. Nothing about demo. I can't find where I downloaded the demo or promo from. I just know it wasn't there when the tablet was purchased in March or April. I'm pretty sure factory reset will fix it, since it wasn't there in the beginning. Just haven't gotten around to doing it yet. I will reset after I write down the names of all my apps. I just have the screen set to stay on a long time so it won't bug me. So, don't give it another thought. I'm over it now. If the factory reset doesn't work, I'll be back. Peace Out.

Katberry60

May 18, 2015
Visit site
ĎEMO/PROMO SCREENSAVER GONE! OMG I FOUND THE CULPRIT!! I was making a list of my downloaded Apps & there it was! An app called Galaxy Screensaver App. I clicked on it & turned everything on it OFF. And WALA! Demo/promo screensaver GONE! In doing so, had no effect on my tablet going to sleep when it should. Oh Happy Days! This will help anyone else out there with the same mysterious unwanted DEMO/PROMO SCREENSAVER.

SJCARR211

Feb 28, 2016
Visit site
Thank you for posting this. I recently bought my 8 yr old son a Galaxy Tab for his birthday, and he turned this screen saver on. For almost 2 straight weeks I have racked my brains trying to figure what this was that kept popping up, and I googled my problem, only to see you were basically having the same problem. I have now disabled his Galaxy Screen Saver App. Thanks again!!!

SanhezVasquez16

Jan 3, 2017
Visit site
Omgggg i am so glad i looked at your post !!!! That freaken demo was draining my battery!!! And mine was worse i coukdnt couldn't lock my tablet this would pop up and keep playing over and over until my battery went dead so i had to keep my tablet on all day withiut locking it !!!! Thank you for sharing this !!!!!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alastair