My Samsung Galaxy S4 is running hot and battery is gone in a couple of hours I am not even using the phone. When I check my battery use Google Services are at 61% Android Services 26% Why is this happening?
    05-19-2015 02:32 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Could be a corrupt file on the SD card. Unmount it (in Settings>Storage), remove it, and reboot. Insert the card into your computer and run chkdsk to look for bad sectors: http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...d-sd-card.html
    05-19-2015 04:14 PM
    1. A corrupt SD card (corrupt in the wrong way) will cause the Media Scanner to loop endlessly, eating battery very fast, causing the battery to get hot.

2. Any phone that gets hotter than normal and uses more battery than normal has either a hardware (including the battery) or software problem.

With 61% of the battery usage being Google Services, that's most likely the problem. What in Google services is causing it is the question. If removing the SD card doesn't help, clear all caches (Settings/General/Storage/Cache - clear it).

If that doesn't help, and you have anything on the phone that's not backed up, first see Backing up an Android Device, then try a factory reset.

As a last resort, bring the phone to the carrier and ask if they can please redo the update. Over the air updates are more prone to failure, glitches and/or corruption than updates done by cable from a computer.
    Paul627g and B. Diddy like this.
    05-19-2015 04:50 PM