So I managed to drop my Samsung S4 down the toilet... it was only in a matter of seconds, I dried it all off immediately and was relieved to see very litle water seemed to have gotten in. It was in a gel case which I think helped, but very little water seemed to be behind the case backing. None had reached the battery compartment. After drying it off I tried to turn it back on again – the battery charging symbol came on and flickered then went off. I’ve since took the back plate off and the board with the camera on -there was practically no evidence of water ingress , a little moisture on the vibrator block but very little else. I also carefully dried around the plug socket at the bottom. Let it overnight in a bag of rice to dry off.

Now when I turn it on it buzzes as normal but the screen stays black and the blue / purplly indicator slowly flashes for a few seconds then it goes off. I can access the phone via usb and it seems to be charging (although its in camera mode so not very accessible and Kies wont pick it up). Tried holding the three buttons down but not a flicker ion the screen, nor the return and menu 'button' lights either side of the home key. The only sign of life is that it buzzes as normal when switched on and the blue light which must be trying to tell me something! Help!

thanks guys

Paul
    05-20-2015 04:58 PM
    So I managed to drop my Samsung S4 down the toilet... it was only in a matter of seconds, I dried it all off immediately
    See Oh, no! My Phone got Wet! so you'll know what to do next time. It's far too late to save this phone.

Let it overnight in a bag of rice to dry off.
    Good way to kill it.

it seems to be charging
    If it wasn't dead before, it is now.

At the very least, it needs a new motherboard, but most likely nothing is completely undamaged but plastic parts, so find a local repair shop (that actually repairs phones) and offer it to them as a phone to train techs on (you can't kill a corpse).

Sorry.
    05-20-2015 05:33 PM