Recently, most (not all) of my Google+ photos/albums don't display on my Galaxy s4 anymore. I'm able to view the photos fine on Google+. The phone sync settings haven't changed. Any ideas? Thanks.
    05-29-2015 12:21 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Are you talking about the sync settings in Settings>Accounts-Google>[your Google account]​? Is everything still checked there the way it was before?
    05-29-2015 12:24 PM
    I have not changed any settings on my phone.
    05-29-2015 03:43 PM
    Sometimes settings change on their own inexplicably. Go to that menu and make sure Gallery and/or Google Photos is checked on.
    05-30-2015 02:15 AM
    It is. Everything looks fine there. Some pictures are showing up, most aren't.
    06-02-2015 10:56 AM
    Are you using the new or old Photos app? If you're using the new Photos app, swipe in from the left and tap Collections. Then tap the dropdown arrow next to the Collections heading, and tap Albums. Do you see all of your albums there?
    06-02-2015 11:39 AM
    I'm using Gallery. All my albums are there but most of them just have a grey box (no picture).
    06-02-2015 12:40 PM
    Are the photos all on the microSD card? If so, the card might be corrupt.
    06-02-2015 01:39 PM
    Are the photos all on the microSD card? If so, the card might be corrupt.
    This is also happening to me. I just get grey squares on all the older pictures on my samsung galaxy note 3.
    06-09-2016 11:08 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! The SD card could be corrupt, defective, or counterfeit. Install SD Insight to see if the card is genuine or counterfeit. Counterfeit cards are programmed to report more storage than they actually have, and if you try saving more than the card can actually hold, then files can start getting corrupt.

If it's a valid card, then go to Settings>Storage, Unmount the card, remove it, and insert it into your computer. Can the computer read these files? Backup as much as you can right now, then run chkdsk to look for bad sectors: http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...d-sd-card.html. If it finds bad sectors, and the photos aren't crucial to save, then go ahead and allow chkdsk to try repairing those sectors. If the photos are really precious, then you'll have to try recovering them using 3rd party software: http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...ted-files.html

I strongly suggest taking advantage of the Google Photos Auto Backup feature, which can save you these kinds of headaches in the future: https://support.google.com/photos/answer/6193313?hl=en
    06-10-2016 12:09 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! The SD card could be corrupt, defective, or counterfeit. Install SD Insight to see if the card is genuine or counterfeit. Counterfeit cards are programmed to report more storage than they actually have, and if you try saving more than the card can actually hold, then files can start getting corrupt.

If it's a valid card, then go to Settings>Storage, Unmount the card, remove it, and insert it into your computer. Can the computer read these files? Backup as much as you can right now, then run chkdsk to look for bad sectors: http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...d-sd-card.html. If it finds bad sectors, and the photos aren't crucial to save, then go ahead and allow chkdsk to try repairing those sectors. If the photos are really precious, then you'll have to try recovering them using 3rd party software: http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...ted-files.html

I strongly suggest taking advantage of the Google Photos Auto Backup feature, which can save you these kinds of headaches in the future: https://support.google.com/photos/answer/6193313?hl=en
    I have had a reoccurring problem with my camera as well. I have a Note 7 that I got over a week ago and have had a problem with some pictures showing up and some having grey boxes in my gallery. I have my phone backed up to Google photos all the time as well. It started happening yesterday for my lil guys bday party. I took 1080p video so that I could take pictures while recording. After I was done the 10min video of the cake and presents and about 20 photos I shared a few to friends and family then continued shooting some more video. Later on I was looking at my photos in my gallery and the few videos i shot had lil grey boxes where the photos and vids should be. So I looked at Google photos and I had the same problem there. It said available on device with a lil cloud with a slash through it. I had my Grandmothers 97th bday today and was shooting video again and a few vids were doing the same thing. I have never had a problem with a samsung phone like that. And have always had my pics and vids backed up in the cloud. I turned off smart stay to see if that helps but that's something I have had enabled on all of my other Samsung Note phones. This phone is amazing I just need to figure this out. Any ideas would be helpful thanks.
    08-29-2016 12:43 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Well that's frustrating. Are the photos/vids saving to Internal Storage or the SD card? I'm assuming Internal Storage, since my previous post mentioned about the possibility of SD corruption. Is your Google Photos Auto Backup set to backup immediately on mobile data, or only when on wi-fi or only when charging? If the latter two, then that might be why they didn't backup correctly to the cloud, since the files might have corrupted already by the time they were backed up.

Just to clarify--is this happening to both photos and video, or just videos?
    08-29-2016 06:48 PM